1 large head cabbage
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
1 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Remove 12 outer leaves from cabbage. Remove any tough center veins from the 12 leaves. Cook half of the cabbage leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes to soften. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining leaves.
2. Finely chop enough of the remaining cabbage to make 1/2 cup. Reserve remaining cabbage for another use.
3. In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and the 1/2 cup chopped cabbage until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain well. Stir in raisins, bread crumbs, and 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
4. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of the meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf; fold in sides. Roll up leaf, forming a bundle. Arrange rolls in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
5. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together the remaining spaghetti sauce and cinnamon. Spoon over cabbage rolls.
6. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Spoon sauce over rolls during baking and before serving.
Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 221, Carbs 19 g, Fat 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 18 g