Extra creamy cheesecake topped with strawberry jelly full of strawberry pieces. Rich taste of summer spread over the moist and soft white cake.
There’s always a question in my thoughts about the next cake I should bake. It’s never easy to choose. This time I was focused on fruits… should it be bananas, apples, kiwi or the best summer forerunner – the queen strawberry. Since the weather was hot and sunny I needed something refreshing to serve after lunch. The combination of cheese and strawberries came out amassing and we ate it like ice cream… whole and with pleasure.
I have to say that this cheesy cream I used in preparing a cake not so long ago, Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake . It was so tasty and creamy that I couldn’t resist using it one more time.
Summer Strawberry Cheesecake
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- some strawberries for garnish
- Bake the white cake following the instructions on the box.
- Use the 9 inch springform pan. Let it cool.
- Mix the heavy cream until firm and mix the cream cheese with confectioners sugar in the separate ball.
- Combine those two and spread it over the white cake.
- Cut the strawberries in pieces and cook with sugar over the medium heat.
- Dissolve the pudding powder in water and add to the strawberries while stirring.
- Stir until it thickens. Let it cool to room temperature and occasionally stir.
- Spread it over the top and garnish with some strawberries.
- Refrigerate for two hours at least.