The most pleasant cheesecake of all, covered with strawberry jelly, fresh strawberries and blackberries.
I have prepared 2.3 pound of cream cheese in order to bake the most stylish cheesecake I’ve ever known. I must admit that I was a bit concerned about the baking this cheesecake. Will it be firm enough and if I cut the piece out would it stay on the plate or it will lay down like the melting tower. So many questions and the only solution was to try and see what happens.
When the cake was done I was more nervous than ever. The cake has to be left to cool so the agony was prolonged for a few hours more. Just imagine my happy face when I cut out the first slice and it stood on the plate so gorgeously proud and firm with all those delicious caramelized edges topped with jelly and fresh fruits.
New York Cheesecake With Strawberry Jelly
- 18 graham crackers
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2.3 pound cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 yolk
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tpsp grated orange zest
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5 oz vanilla pudding powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Butter the 9 inch springform pan lightly.
- Mix the melted butter with graham cracker crumbs and press it in the bottom of the pan leaving a nice edge on the side.
- Whisk the sour cream and flour together, add the cream cheese and sugar and whisk for 3 more minutes until nicely combined.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time and add the lemon and orange zest.
- Pour the mixture on the prepared graham cracker crust and bake for an hour.
- When the cake is done, turn off the oven and leave the cake in to cool gradually and slowly for about 3 hours.