..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
I”m not going to lie to you.
The above picture looks positively scrumptious, right??
Well it was.
But it didn’t exactly look like that until the next day. When it was cold.
The below picture is how it came out of the dish when it was piping hot. Not as pretty. But certainly, just as delicious.
This was part of my ground turkey freezer day cooking. I made 4 lbs. of taco meat and separated it into 3 containers. 1 container for 2 meals of tacos, 1 for a taco pasta casserole and one for this delicious corn bread casserole.
This was seriously good and super easy to make. Especially with the meat all cooked and ready. It was a bit higher in calorie with the cornbread bottom but very hearty and filling!
Taco Cornbread Casserole
- 1 package corn bread/muffin mix I use Trader Joe’s – it’s my favorite!
- 3 cups cooked taco seasoned meat
- 1 cup 8 oz sour cream, light
- 1 cup colby jack cheddar or mexican cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 can sliced olives (optional, I didn't use) (optional, I didn't use)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the corn bread/muffin mix, egg, and milk until well-combined.
- Spread the cornbread mixture evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the taco-seasoned meat and black beans in a separate bowl.
- Once the cornbread is done baking, spread the meat and bean mixture over it.
- In another bowl, mix together the sour cream, 3/4 cup of shredded cheese, and chopped onion. Spread this mixture over the meat and beans.
- Bake the casserole for an additional 20-25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Take the casserole out of the oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy! Optional: add sliced olives as a topping if desired.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW