Have you ever just gotten to the point where you just feel like crawling up in your closet and staying there? Yeah, that’s me…and no, that’s not where I have been…but it may have been easier.
Enough complaining and back to the nummies for my tummy. In this case, for my kids tummies. A while back I mentioned that as a family we have been trying to save money for some projects and adventures! One other major thing I have been trying to save…..time. Nothing can save more money and time in the kitchen than a casserole can. For the multitasker…there is also nothing more convenient!
How, though, can I get my kids to not snub their noses at things like Tuna Casserole?? Make it Cheesy Tuna Casserole!! For my followers, you see a trend here…we keep the Dairy Association in business basically. This version is close enough to the real thing…but with just enough pizzazz (oh my gosh…i can’t believe I just went all Liza Minelli right there) to make the kids excited about it! Ok, and me. Something magical happens when you cook the noodles right in the sauce…so much better than coking them ahead of time!
Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 8 oz. Wide Egg Noodle
- 2 cans tuna
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz
- 1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup 10.5 oz
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 10 oz bag Peas frozen
- 1 tsp Season Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Sleeve saltines roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine milk, soups, and seasonings and mix well.
- Add UNCOOKED egg noodles, tuna, and frozen peas.
- Pour into lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until egg noodles cooked.
- Top with roughly crushed crackers and cook for about 5-10 minutes more.