Taco Lasagna with Tortillas is an easy and delicious meal that comes together in under 60 minutes. No matter how busy you are, having a taco on the table before you get in the kitchen is a great idea. This meal is made with lean ground beef, jar salsa, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning mix. The result is an ultra-delicious meal that freezes well so you can microwave or heat up in 15 minutes. I like to serve this meal as an afternoon snack with a couple cold beers or a cup of hot tea.
It’s light and satisfying, without being too filling or filling too little. Best when eaten with a big salad ; however, it can be eaten alone as well. You may put your own variation on this dish as well. I have added fresh cilantro, red onion, and Mexican oregano on top along with
Taco Lasagna with Tortillas
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 1.25 ounce packages taco seasoning mix
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ cup water
- 18 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 24 ounce jar salsa
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, then season with taco seasoning, garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place 6 tortillas into the prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the salsa on top of the tortillas. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture evenly over the salsa. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the green onions. Drop 1/2 of the sour cream randomly over the green onions. Top with 1/2 cup Cheddar and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers. Top with 6 tortillas, spread with remaining salsa, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheeses are melted.