Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Serves: 8 servings
This is one of the most requested recipes and trust me you’ll know exactly why taco stew is so popular as soon as you try it!
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3-4 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 pkg. frozen peas (the small pkg.)
- 1 can (16 oz) tomatoes
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning or roughly ¼ cup
- 1 can corn (undrained)
- 1 can chili beans (undrained)
- 1 can green beans (undrained)
- 1 can kidney beans (undrained)
In a large pot add a drizzle of olive oil and place over medium heat. Cook the onions until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and potatoes and add just enough water to cover them. Cook until tender.
In a separate pan, over medium heat cook the hamburger, drain the grease and add to the water and tender veggies.
Add all of the remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and fritos!
To make in the slow cooker, do the first and second step and then dump everything in the slow cooker. We actually love to cook extra ground beef one night and save it for the taco stew to take less time.