Life around here is getting busy. The boys have started playing sports and all the summer fun is happening, so cooking a big dinner every night just isn’t an option. I’ve started freezer cooking. Which makes my life 1000 times easier. Today I want to share a delicious 3 cheese lasagna. It’s super simple and freezes beautifully. It’s perfect for those days when you need dinner but don’t have the time to cook. I can pull this out of the freezer and let if defrost in the refrigerator. Once I get home I just pop it into the oven and dinner that everyone will love is ready to go.
I have to warn you, though. This recipe is a good ole fashion down home recipe. It’s a big plate of melted cheese goodness. Just like momma use to make.It has become a favorite around here. It’s cheap, it’s delicious, quick, and it feeds a big crowd.
You can make it your own. There is not a right or wrong way. I put everything under the sun in my sauce. It’s a great way to slip veggies the kids won’t usually eat into their diet. If you hide it in the sauce they will never know it’s in there.
Three Cheese Lasagna
- 1 pack of lasana noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Bell Peper
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- ½ teaspoon season salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 container cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- 2.Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until. Drain any excess grease. Add in pasta sauce and season salt and simmer until heated through. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, Parmesan, basil and oregano together. Pour the melted butter in a steady stream into the egg mixture while stirring making sure not to scramble the eggs. Drain pasta and while stirring quickly add in the egg, butter and cheese mixture. Pour this into your prepared pan. Now layer with the cottage cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella.
- 5.Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes.