- 1 store-bought frozen pastry shell
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) package prewashed fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package assorted mushrooms
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan (about 3 ounces), divided
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake pastry shell for 10â€“12 minutes or until browned. Remove shell from oven, and set aside. Leave oven on.
2. Heat 1 1/4 teaspoons oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet; add shallots. Add spinach, and cook 2â€“3 minutes or until wilted. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Transfer to a plate; set aside
3. Using the same pan, heat remaining oil, and cook mushrooms about 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove from heat. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Sprinkle 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese over bottom of pastry crust. Top with spinach and mushrooms.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together soy milk with egg and egg whites. Pour into shell. Top with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan, and bake for 45â€“50 minutes or until top is firm and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve.
Makes 8 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 173, Carbs 13 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 12 g, Protein 4 g