Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (18.75 ounce) jar Salsa Verde
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound shredded chicken (2 heaping cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a dutch oven or large pot and add onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, salsa verde, corn, tomatoes, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and beans; simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped jalapeno and cilantro.