- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans no-salt-added white beans, rinsed
- 2 4-ounce cans green chiles, mild or hot
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is starting to soften, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add bulgur, oregano, cumin, coriander, white pepper and salt and cook, stirring, until aromatic, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Stir in white beans and chiles, then pour in broth; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced and thickened and the bulgur is tender, about 50 minutes.
14 g fat
2 g sat
35 g carbohydrates
0 g total sugars
26 g protein
10 g fiber