Do you purchase bananas just to find that they don’t get eaten? If you are like me, you don’t learn your lesson and keep buying them anyway. My daughter loves banana’s but once they get those “brown spots” on them, she refuses to eat them. I’m usually stuck with over ripe bananas and they end up in the trash.
I’ve found some uses for these over ripe bananas that are interesting and insanely delicious.
- Home Made Shoe Polish – Peal the banana and use the run your shoes with the inside of the banana peel. Afterward, buff your shoes with a soft cloth. Your shoes should be shiny.
- Make a Brown Butter Banana Sheet Cake.
- Moisturizer – Banana is a great natural moisturizer for your skin. The Vitamin A present in banana restores the lost moisture and repairs the damaged, dull and dry skin. Mash the banana into a paste and apply it to your face. Let it sit for about 20 minutes then wash with water. Skin should feel soft and supple.
- One Ingredient Banana Ice Cream – Peel bananas, slice and freeze them. When frozen and ready to use, put the frozen bananas into a food processor and until smooth. You will have a soft serve consistency. You can enjoy a healthy guilt free frozen treat. If you would like a harder consistency, you can put your ice cream back into the freezer and it will get a more traditional ice cream consistency that is still simple to scoop.
- Banana Sugar Scrub – Mash one banana with 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Use this mixture in the shower and massage into your skin. (You can even go as far as adding vanilla extract or an essential oil to give it a good smell. Your skin will feel smooth while absorbing minerals.