- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray an 8″ oven-proof skillet or cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In large bowl, beat egg yolk with milk, lemon zest and sugar. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, and gradually whisk into yolk mixture. Add margarine and butter flavoring, and beat until smooth.
In another bowl, beat the four egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into yolk mixture.
Pour into prepared skillet and bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° F. and bake 7-10 minutes more, or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and confectioners sugar, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Info: 134 Calories, 7 g Protein, 4 g Fat, 18 g Carbs, 431 mg Sodium, 54 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Fiber