- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3 medium scallions, green part only, chopped
- 2 oz shredded low fat sharp cheddar (I used Cabot 50%)
- 4 oz shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup Franks Hot sauce (or any buffalo wing sauce)
- 1/2 cup egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking pan lined with parchment or foil with cooking spray. Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
Combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl. Mix in shredded chicken and hot sauce.
Combine panko, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
Fill peppers with chicken cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
Dip peppers in egg, then in panko mixture to coat and place on prepared baking sheet. Spray the peppers with more oil and bake until golden, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.