Cheese, sausage, potatoes, and eggs in an easy make-ahead overnight breakfast bake! Perfect for Christmas morning or an easy brunch!
For years Hubby has requested my Apple Cinnamon Pecan Monkey Bread for Christmas morning.
If you haven’t tried it, I highly recommend it. It’s loaded with apples and pecans and it’s an updated version of the recipe that got me into the Pillsbury Bake-Off!
But last year I really thought we needed something on the savory side so we didn’t all go into sugar shock.
Since I didn’t want to be spending my whole holiday cooking, I decided that a make-ahead dish was the best solution.
This overnight breakfast bake is super easy to put together. You can make it up to 24 hours ahead, then just pop it in the oven before you start unwrapping your presents.
And it’s not just for Christmas. It’s fantastic for any kind of breakfast or brunch situation.
Start by spraying your 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Then cook the sausage over medium high heat until it’s no longer pink. Drain it and set it aside.
Next, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and thyme in a large bowl.
Stir in the potatoes, sausage, and 1 cup of the cheese.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Bake it immediately or cover it and pop it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Bake your overnight breakfast bake uncovered for 55 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese and put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Just look how cheesy!!
Cut the overnight breakfast bake into 3 rows by 4 rows to get 12 pieces.
Serve with some fresh fruit and some toast, if you like.
Cheesy Sausage, Egg, Potato Overnight Breakfast Bake
- 1 pound turkey breakfast sausage
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien hash browns
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded colby jack cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- plus more for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium high heat until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir in potatoes, sausage, and 1 cup of cheese; pour into prepared baking dish. Bake immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, 55 minutes or until eggs are set. Top with cheese, bake for additional 5 minutes.