- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1/2 (1-ounce) envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (6- to 7-inch) pita fold breads
- 4 cups torn Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 4 onion slices, halved, separated
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
Heat oven to 350°F.
Coat chicken pieces with 2 teaspoons salad dressing mix.
Heat oil in 10-inch skillet. Add chicken pieces; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover; continue cooking 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Uncover; cool slightly.
Wrap pita breads in aluminum foil. Bake 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
Combine lettuce, red bell pepper and onions in bowl.
Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise and remaining salad dressing mix in another bowl. Stir in milk. Pour mixture over lettuce; toss lightly. Add chicken; toss gently to coat.
Spoon chicken mixture into warm pitas. Fold in half; secure with toothpicks, if desired.
Source : landolakes.com