- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. finely shredded cooked chicken
- 12 medium jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika or chili powder, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salsa, cumin and salt. Stir in chicken. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each jalapeno half and place on prepared baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle with paprika or chili powder. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Wear protective gloves to prevent skin irritation while handling peppers
Makes 24 Servings (1 Jalapeno Half Per Serving)
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories: 45; Sat. Fat: 2 g; Carbs: 1 g; Fiber: 0; Sugars;0 g; Protein: 3 g