- 3 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder; mix with flour
- 1 tsp salt, mix with flour.
Three mixtures: first the dry, in a medium bowl.
Then i use a stand mixer, starting with the butter,sugar,eggs and vanilla
- 2 stick softened butter; or margarine if you prefer it. butter makes it better!
- 2 c granulated sugar, cream it into the butter
- 4 eggs, added one at a time
- 1 tsp real vanilla
In a separate bowl mix sour cream with baking soda
- 2 c sour cream; i use fat-free, regular is fine!
- 2 tsp baking soda, combine with sour cream
Alternately add the dry ingredients,and the sour cream mixture to the butter mixture
Put about two thirds of the batter in the tube pan, and smooth it; then add half of the
Nuts/sugar mixture; and then top with the remaining batter. Add the rest of the nuts/sugar on top.
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Prepare a TUBE PAN by buttering it and dusting it with flour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Bake on the center shelf of oven for one hour, check it with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean it’s done; if it needs a little more time try 5 mins. Cool on a rack in the pan for fifteen minutes.
It’s coated with sugar so it’s tricky to take out of the pan without messing up the countertop, so use a cooky sheet or large plate to turn it out. Then cool slightly and turn it over again onto the large plate for storing or serving.