- Cooking Spray
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp low-fat chocolate milk
- 1 large egg white
- ½ tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 6 oz. ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together cocoa, flour and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar; set over medium heat. Add milk; cook until smooth, stirring constantly, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk egg white until soft peaks start to form. Slowly add remaining tablespoon of granulated sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Fold cooled chocolate mixture into egg whites, a little at a time, until no white streaks appear.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins; baked until set and tops look dry, about 16 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar; serve warm.
Serving size: 1
Do not open oven until the souffles are done. Cold air can cause them to sink. This recipe can easily be doubled or triples for larger gatherings.