I snagged a super deal on a whole chicken over at Target. They have been putting $3 off store coupons on fresh meat at my store and it’s been fantastic. I’ve become a Target stalker over the past week trying to score more meat deals. Be on the look out for these meat deals with coupons at your local Target.
They had whole fryers priced at $4.99 and there was a $3 off coupon attached making it just $1.99! I remember seeing many recipes for cooking chicken in a crock pot on pinterest and I found several for cooking a Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken. All the recipes contained the same basic recipe so I tried and it came out great. I added a side of mashed taters and dinner was served.
Here is the recipe!
Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
- 3.5 - 5 lbs Whole Chicken -
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic or Use 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Remove neck and giblets from your chicken if necessary
- Mix all the ingredients together and slowly add water about a teaspoon at a time until you have a paste consistency.
- Rub the entire chicken with the spices and place inside the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or Low for 6-8 hours
- Once your chicken is finished cooking, put it under the broiler for 7-10 minutes until the top is brown and crispy.