Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish’s are probably my number two guilty pleasure. Whoever invented the danish is pretty much the coolest person ever. Everything from the homemade pastry to the creme cheese/fruit center makes this treat sinful. I don’t even want to know the calorie count because I’m sure it’s diabetes in a square. The next time you head to your local bakery, you should ask them about danishes. You will be able to find several flavors like cream cheese, blueberry, cherry, strawberry, chocolate and more. The possibilities are endless.
I have a recipe for you that is pretty easy and you’ll love the finished product. Just make these for the FAM and reap the rewards.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish
- 1 Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet
- 4 tsp Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 4 oz softened Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water
- ⅛ tsp Vanilla
- Allow one sheet of frozen puff pastry sheet to sit and thaw for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream together the sugar, cream cheese, heavy cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Cut puff pastry into 16 rectangles.
- Score the edges of each rectangle without cutting all the way through.
- Place about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each.
- Top with a little of the strawberry spread and swirl to combine.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the edges of each.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until edges should be golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and vanilla.
- If too thick add additional water slowly until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer the icing to a zippered sandwich bag and clip off the corner to pipe.
- Drizzle over the danishes.