Around our household, we’ve been doing our very best to try to eat healthy. But sometimes, you really need some comfort food in your life. Maybe you’ve had a long week or maybe you’re just in the mood for some down home cooking! Either way, this dish will cure whatever ails you!
Now I know that pretty much everyone has enjoyed those little pot pies that you pick up in the freezer section at the grocery store. This recipe is super easy to make and doesn’t take an hour to bake like some other pot pies. Let’s start things off by preheating your oven to 350°F.
While the oven is heating up we can make the rest of the dish. Place a large pot over medium high heat; I had the heat a little closer to high heat. Add the butter into the pot and let it melt but don’t let it burn. Now add the onions to the pot and cook them in the butter for 3 minutes.
Once the onions are fragrant and translucent, sprinkle on the flour and stir everything together. You want the flour to mix in completely with the butter and onions. Pour in the chicken broth and whisk everything together until the flour dissolves in the broth. Add the heavy cream, pepper and salt to the pot and whisk everything together. Cook everything together until the pot comes to a bubble; about 5 minutes.
Finally, stir the frozen veggies and shredded chicken into the pot and let cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer all of the contents of the pot into a large casserole dish. Open up the can of biscuit dough and place individual biscuits on top of the dish about 1-2 inches apart.
By now the oven should have heated up. Place the dish on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Once the dish is done and the biscuits are a nice golden brown on top, take the dish out of the oven and serve immediately. Make sure everyone gets a biscuit!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 3 cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Frozen Veggies
- 1 can Biscuit Dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place a large pot over medium high heat (closer to high heat). Place the butter in the pot to melt it.
- Put the chopped onions into the butter and cook for 3 minutes to make the onions translucent.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir everything together so all of the flour is combined with the butter and onions.
- Pour in the chicken broth and whisk together until all of the flour has dissolved in the broth.
- Add the heavy cream, pepper and salt to the pot and stir together. Let the pot come to a bubble (about 5 minutes).
- Add the frozen veggies and shredded chicken to the pot and stir together. Let cook together for 2 more minutes.
- Pour all of the contents of the pot into a large casserole dish. Open the can of biscuit dough and place the individual biscuits on top of the contents about 1-2 inches apart.
- Place the dish in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.