This Eclair cake recipe is really simple and easy to do, it also took very little time to prepare.
First you’ll start by lining the bottom of your pan with a layer of graham crackers, we used the long narrow ones and was able to fit 6 in the bottom layer.
Then you make your pudding mixed with the whipped topping.
And using about half of the amount, cover your graham crackers.
Next comes another layer of graham crackers, ours actually used a little bit more than the 6 in the first picture because the pan we were using had a slight tapering effect and the bottom was smaller than the top, so we just broke some into smaller pieces to make up the spaces.
After all that then comes another layer of whipped pudding mix, and another layer of graham crackers.
Finally top it all off with your chocolate frosting, we used a container of frosting normally used for regular cake that we microwaved which softened it enough to layer without making a mess.
Once that’s all done, all that’s left is to refrigerate, this allows the graham crackers to soak in the moisture from the pudding and become soft, ours we left overnight which caused the whole thing to fall apart deliciously when we cut it up for serving.
Easy Eclair Cake
- 2 individual packages of graham crackers
- 2 3 oz packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 Cups milk
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping; thawed
- 1 16 oz package prepared chocolate frosting
- Line bottom of 9X13 pan with graham crackers
- In large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; stir well
- Mix whipped topping into pudding mic, spread half over graham crackers
- Top with another layer of graham crackers
- Then the remainder of pudding
- Top all with final layer of graham crackers and frost with chocolate frosting
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving