- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ pound cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- ½ (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- ¼ cup salsa
- water as needed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 ½ cups crushed plain tortilla chips
In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken in oil until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add taco seasoning, beans, corn, salsa and a little water to prevent drying out. Cover skillet and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Transfer chicken mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with 1/2 cup of the cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 384 calories; protein 26.8g; carbohydrates 34g; fat 16.6g; cholesterol 59.1mg; sodium 1286.4mg.