- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- About 6-ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds and fully cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
- Add noodles to the skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in parsley. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.
Nutritional Information per serving
(Serving size: 1 cup): Calories: 301, Fat: 11g, Sat Fat: 5g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Sodium 821mg, Potassium 344mg, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrates: 34g