- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks or wings)
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 stalk scallion (green onion), chopped
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C water
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
Wash chicken and pat dry.
In a bowl, mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, and salt.
Toss chicken in the seasoning mixture. Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and sauté.
Add water, and allow chicken to cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
Add diced potatoes, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Add onion, and cook for 15 minutes more or until meat is tender. Serve warm.