Welcome to our recipe blog! Today we’re excited to share with you a delicious and easy-to-make recipe for homemade creamed corn. This dish is a perfect side for any meal, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also a great way to use up any extra corn you may have on hand.
Making creamed corn from scratch is much simpler than you might think. With just a few ingredients and a bit of time, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of this comforting and comforting dish. The key to this recipe is to use fresh, sweet corn. If you can find it at your local farmer’s market or farm stand, even better! The sweetness of the corn will really shine through in the finished dish.
This recipe is also very versatile, you can adjust the level of cream and butter to your liking. You can make it as rich or as light as you want. You can also add some cheese, bacon or jalapeno to give it a different flavor profile. It’s a perfect recipe to make when you’re looking for something a little different from your usual side dishes. So, gather up your ingredients and let’s get started on making this delicious homemade creamed corn recipe!
Homemade Creamed Corn
- 4 slices thick sliced smoked bacon
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper chopped fine
- 1/4 cup or more heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large iron skillet or sauté pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until just crisp. Drain on paper towels and coarsely chop. Set aside. Wipe the grease from the pan with a paper towel. Meanwhile, select the two largest ears of corn and cut away the kernels; discard the cobs. Place a box grater in the center of a lipped platter. Grate the remaining four ears of corn, reserving the liquid as well as the solids. Discard the cobs.
- Return the skillet to the stove over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and stir in the flour and sugar. Then add the corn kernels, the grated corn and corn liquid, the peppers and bacon. Stir until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Quickly stir in the cream, adding more if necessary to just coat all the vegetables. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
We hope you enjoyed learning about this delicious and easy-to-make recipe for homemade creamed corn. We encourage you to give it a try at home, and let us know what you think. We would love to hear your feedback and see any variations you come up with. This recipe is versatile, you can make it as rich or as light as you want, and you can add different ingredients to create a unique flavor profile. Don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own.
Also, don’t hesitate to share this recipe with your friends and family. It’s a great dish to make for gatherings, potlucks, or for a comforting weeknight dinner. We’re confident that once you try it, you’ll be making it again and again. So, gather up your ingredients and get ready to enjoy some delicious homemade creamed corn. Happy cooking!