..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
While some dessert trends are coming and going, the popular Bundt cake will be welcomed to all meetings, including baby showers, picnics and dinner parties. This cake takes on an extra-light texture with the smallest hint of citrus by adding 7UP to the batter.
Mama’s 7 Up-pound cake is crispy, very moist inside and with a fantastic lemon-lime icing. Surprise, because it receives its highness from the long and lovely process of creaming, it does not need a leaventing agent. How I wish a piece of it remained!
Lemon 7 UP Glazed Pound Cake
That's my preferred recipe. This was made when I was a child by my grandmother and mum. It's totally fantastic! 7Up® milk may be replaced by 7Up® for glaze .
From Scratch Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 lb butter softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon Juice real or squeeze kind is fine or extract if you want a deeper lemon flavor
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage any brand
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix
- one box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1- 4 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemon lime soda i used 7 up
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp milk
From Scratch Directions:
- Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
- Add in your eggs-1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
- Add in flour and lemon extract/juice.
- Fold in your lemon-lime soda of choice.
- Pour into well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
Directions using Box Cake Mix
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Grease your bundt pan
- In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, plus pudding ans the soda and mix well
- pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
- Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
- allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
- top with Glaze
Make Lemon Glaze-
- Both recipes from scratch and from the box mix use the same easy, delicious glaze
- Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one removed from the pan..
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW