..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
I adore this soup. It’s perfect for spring and summer. The lemon flavor is refreshing and the sautéed garlic adds a robust taste you can’t forget.
We’ve had some major hay fever in our house and this soup was just what the doctor ordered. The piping hot bowls of goodness opened our sinus and soothed our aching throats. Sinus infections and allergies are the worst. It zaps all your energy just when the weather gets nice enough to go out and play.
To this soup I added a bit of roughly grated carrot which added a bit of sweetness and color. I didn’t want to add too much though because the garlic and lemon are fragrant, distinct flavors; the real stars of this show.
I hope you enjoy this gorgeous bowl of goodness.
Lemon Garlic Orzo Soup
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot roughly grated
- 6 C chicken broth
- ½ C orzo
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- In a large pot heat olive oil.
- Add in garlic and onion. Sauté until translucent.
- Add in carrot. Sauté for just a few minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add orzo. Cook until tender with a slight bite.
- Squeeze in juice of half lemon and add zest.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Let simmer and adjust seasonings if needed.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW