A refreshing sweet dessert bread that is showy in all the right places. The fluffy cream cheese lemon frosting takes this gorgeous bread to a whole new level.
One of my favorite parts of this bread is the pops of raspberry. They add not only a bite of tartness but also a burst of red that you can’t help but fall in love with. The contrast of yellow and red is one of the prettiest.
This stunning quick bread is the perfect way to use up those summer raspberries. You could even switch out the raspberries for blueberries or black berries. I wouldn’t suggest omitting the berries unless you really have an aversion to berries. They just add so much character to this bread and really fancy it up.
Whether looking for a weekend snack or brunch show stopper this lemon raspberry bread fits the bill.
Lemon Raspberry Bread
- 1 5.3 ounce plain Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- ¾ C sugar
- ½ C oil
- 1 lemon juice zest
- 1 ¾ C flour divided
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 C frozen raspberries
- ¼ C butter
- ¼ C cream cheese
- 1 C powdered sugar
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- Preheat oven 350*
- Prepare loaf pan.
- Beat together yogurt, eggs, oil and sugar until smooth.
- Add in lemon juice and zest.
- Slowly beat in 1 ½ C flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl gently toss raspberries and remaining ¼ C flour.
- Fold in raspberries to batter.
- Place batter in parchment paper lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove and let cool
- Meanwhile, beat together frosting ingredients.
- Top cooled loaf with frosting.