Have you ever had chipolte chiles in adobo sauce? I had never experienced their spicy, smoky goodness before. After trying them this weekend in these sweet potatoes, I can’t wait to add them to an omlet! I have no idea why eggs came to mind when I tried these chiles but they did and it’s now on my menu for dinner tonight!
I love my sweet potatoes to be savory. In this dish the sweet and spicy flavors mingle beautiful together. I love how the small brown sugar adds just the right amount of rich sweetness that blends perfectly with the smoky flavors of the chilies and cumin.
After a fun, busy weekend with my family these were a comforting way to end the weekend. A perfect Sunday night addition.
Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes cleaned and diced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2-3 chiles in adobo sauce minced
- sour cream
- Preheat oven 400*
- On a medium baking sheet place diced sweet potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes, season with salt and pepper and coat evenly.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cumin, brown sugar and chiles.
- Toss until sugar is melted and chiles are dispersed evenly.
- Place potatoes on plates and garish with cilantro and sour cream, if you choose.