Raise your hand if you love washing lots of dishes every night! Anyone, anyone? Bueller? No takers?! By the time you get dinner on the table, you are tired! There is nothing worse than staring at a completely destroyed kitchen. An easy one pot pasta meal to the rescue, not only is it a quick meal but the clean up is easy. Yay! One Pot Pasta: Black Bean Taco Skillet is the ease of processed box dinners but with the joy and health of real foods!
Time doesn’t have to keep you from making amazing meals for the people you love. Skillet meals are a great solution for those crazy busy times and a crowd pleaser. This skillet meal is ready in 35 minutes. Love the idea of skillet meals? Here are more of my post popular skillet meals.
You can easily double this meal and freeze. Yes, you can freeze cooked pasta! The best tip for great frozen pasta is to not overcook it before freezing. That way it still has a nice firm texture when reheating. You can thaw this meal in the refrigerator or in bowl/sink full of warm water then reheat on the stove. I reheat my skillet dishes over Medium for 15 to 20 minutes.
One Pot: Pasta Black Bean Taco Skillet
- 1 lb ground Meat
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can Black Beans drained
- 2 cups chicken Broth
- 1 cup tomato Sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tbsp Mexican Seasoning I use this homemade blend
- 2 cups uncooked traditional or gluten free pasta
- salt to taste
- Over Medium heat, brown ground meat. Once meat is cooked thoroughly drain fat and return meat to the skillet.
- Add chopped onion to meat and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Mix in Black Beans, Mexican Seasoning, Chicken Broth, Tomato Sauce, and Salsa. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling add uncooked pasta, mix well, and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. After 15 minutes check the tenderness of pasta. If pasta is not tender cook for a couple more minutes.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream, corn chips, scallions, or cilantro.