- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Combine tomato, fennel, onion, dill, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
Cut salmon into 4 equal portions, sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Cook the salmon, skinned-side up, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over and remove the pan from the heat. Allow the salmon to finish cooking off the heat until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Serve immediately with the salsa.
Makes 4 Equal Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 289 calories; 20 g fat; 67 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbs;
23 g protein; 1 g fiber; 373 mg sodium