..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Butter for greasing
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 6 slices canned pineapple in juice plus 3 tablespoons of the juice
- 11 canned cherries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F°. Butter an 8x9 inch cake tin.
- Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on top of the buttered base, and then arrange pineapple slices.
- Fill each pineapple ring with glaze cherry and one in each of the spaces in between
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, butter, superfine sugar, and eggs into a food processor and run the motor until the batter is smooth. Then pour in the 3 tablespoons of pineapple juice.
- Pour the mixture carefully over the cherry_studded pineapple rings; it will only just cover it, so spread it around gently.
- Bake for 30min.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW