Sweet treats, salty peanuts, pretzels, and popcorn adorned in pink make this the perfect party mix to snack on at your next baby shower. Sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy.
We’re having a virtual baby shower for one of our favorite blogger friends!
Be sure to scroll down to read about our guest of honor and check out everyone else’s recipes. They’re all amazing, talented food bloggers and you may just discover a new favorite!
But for now, here is my contribution…Pretty in Pink Party Mix. It’s just the right mix of sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy. And oh so pink!
Every bit of the ingredients (and even the microwave popcorn popper ) came from Walmart so they shouldn’t be too hard to find.
These came from the baking aisle…
…and these I found near the craft department in the cake decorating aisle.
The white chocolate pretzels were on the candy aisle, the Vanilla Chex were, of course, in the cereal aisle, and the peanuts were on the snack aisle. FYI, if you use dry roasted peanuts the chocolate sticks better.
And everything comes in blue, too.
Start with the popcorn. I used a white popcorn in my microwave popcorn popper. If you use microwave popcorn in a bag don’t get anything super buttery. You want something as white as possible to take the color.
Put the popped popcorn in a big bowl. I’ve never had trouble with the Color Mist spray staining but I use an old bowl just in case.
Spritz the popcorn with quick bursts of color or it will fly all over. Stir it around and spritz some more until you get the level of color you like.
Then spread it out on a sheet pan lined with a Silpat or parchment. Layer on the cereal, pretzels, and peanuts.
Put the Candy Melts in microwave safe measuring cups or bowls.
Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute and stir. Repeat a few more times until the Candy Melts are smooth.
Drizzle the first color over the popcorn mixture and then top with half of the candies. I did the white chocolate and pink candies but the order doesn’t matter.
Then drizzle on the second color of chocolate and top with the remaining candies.
Finally, finish with the sprinkles. I didn’t measure, I just shook some on until I thought it looked good.
Let your party mix stand for 10 minutes or it’s until set, then break it into pieces.
Keep in mind, this is a party mix and not a bark. Some things fall to the bottom and not everything gets coated. But that’s what makes it so good! I think it would be too sweet otherwise.
Pretty In Pink Party Mix
- 4 cups popped popcorn lightly salted
- 1 can pink Color Mist food coloring spray
- 2 cups Vanilla Chex cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate covered pretzels
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup pink Candy Melts
- 1 cup Bright White Candy Melts
- 4 1.75 ounce bags Sixlets candies
- assorted sprinkles
- Line sheet pan or large cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment.
- Add popcorn to large bowl. Lightly spray with Color Mist, stirring and spraying, until desired color.
- Spread on sheet pan with cereal, pretzels, and peanuts.
- Melt Candy Melts in individual measuring cups or bowls in microwave at 50% power in 1 minute invervals, stirring after each minute, until smooth.
- Drizzle first color over popcorn mixture, top with half of the candies. Drizzle with second color of chocolate, top with remaining candies. Finish with sprinkles. Let stand 10 minutes or until set. Break into pieces.