A super rich, gooey, decadent chocolate cake with extra chocolate baked in. Topped with a fudgy chocolate ganache, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. What a way to go!
You just can’t get any more chocolatey goodness!
Everyone needs an insanely over-the-top chocolate cake in their dessert repertoire and this one is mine. And now, hopefully, yours. I literally can not figure out how to load any more chocolate into or on top of this cake!
First, the cake.
Before you start mixing the cake, put 1 cup chocolate chips in a small bowl.
Then sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of the cake mix over the top and toss the two together until the chips are coated.
This keeps the chips suspended in the batter and prevents them from sinking to the bottom (which eventually will become the top).
Don’t skip this step or the entire top of your cake could pull off when it’s inverted.
Take the remaining cake mix and stir in the dry instant pudding mix. The pudding makes the cake moist and gooey!
Next, mix up the cake according to the instructions on the box EXCEPT replace the water with chocolate milk. For instance, I’m using a Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix that calls for 1 1/4 cups water so I’ll use 1 1/4 cups chocolate milk instead. The chocolate milk adds another layer of chocolate and richness.
When the batter is mixed up, gently stir the chocolate chips in.
Spread the batter evenly in a bundt pan that’s been sprayed with baking spray and bake according to the instructions on the box.
Cool it in the pan for 5 minutes…
…then invert it onto your serving platter or cake stand and let it cool completely.
While the cake is baking, mix up the ganache for the top.
Put 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the cream in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup.
Microwave it for 30 seconds on 50% power and stir. Repeat as necessary until ganache is smooth and creamy. Don’t try to hurry this process or you could scorch the chocolate or make the cream separate.
Pop the ganache in the fridge and give it a stir once in a while until it’s thickened. You want it thick enough so that it won’t run right off but thin enough that you can drizzle it over the cake.
Finish your chocolate cake with some additional chocolate chips and some sprinkles.
Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup semi swee chocolate chips
- 1 3.9 ounce box chocolate instant pudding mix
- eggs and oil for cake mix
- chocolate milk enough to replace water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles
Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bundt pan with baking spray. Place 1 cup chocolate chips in small bowl. Sprinlke with 2 tablespoons dry cake mix, toss to coat. Set aside.
- Stir remaining cake mix with dry pudding mix. Prepare cake according to instructions on box, EXCEPT replacing water with chocolate milk. When combined, gently stir in reserved chocolate chips and mix.
- Spread in prepared bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Invert onto cake plate or plater and remove pan, cool completely.
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Pour cream over top. Microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power, stir. Repeat as necessary until ganache is smooth.
- Place in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Drizzle over cooled cake. Top with additional chocolate chips and sprinkles.