- 2 cups cooked Texmati Brown Rice
- 8 large bell peppers (any color), or 16 mini peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) corn niblets, drained
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese
Cut the tops off peppers, discarding the seeds and stems. Chop the tops.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add the pepper tops, onion, garlic, seasoning salt, black pepper, thyme, basil, oregano, ground red pepper, and parsley. Cook for 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Remove to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, salsa, and Worcestershire sauce. Reserve 1 1/2 cups; set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
To the bowl with the turkey mixture, add the rice, corn, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and the 1 1/2 cups reserved sauce mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon into the pepper shells. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup sauce mixture. Place in two 13″ x 9″ baking dishes.
Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted.