Well, since my new workout schedule has me at the gym every morning, it looks like I’ll be posting in the afternoons from now on!
No, bother…it feels so much better to be doing something productive with my mornings than just sitting on my ass in my PJ’s, online for endless hours.
Anyway, I tried this recipe not so much for the roasted chicken, but more for the sweet potatoes. I pretty much never eat sweet potatoes, but I wanted to try them this way…they were really good! I’ll definitely be making them again…without the chicken of course.
As for that, it was tasty. Nothing fancy…roasted chicken is roasted chicken. I knew what to expect there.
Ok guys, have a great rest of your day! I’ve got a Bubba to pick up from school, then some laundry (joy). Till tomorrow!
Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes’
- 4 lb whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1. Heat oven to 450. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place lemon halves and garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken. Place chicken on a roasting pan. Surround the chicken with cubed sweet potatoes.
3. Bake for 40 minutes.
4. Remove sweet potatoes to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Reduce oven temp to 350 and continue roasting just the chicken for 30-40 minutes longer (or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees).
5. Transfer chicken to a platter and let rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with sweet potatoes.