- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water until cooked through yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain.
Whisk chicken broth, sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook and stir shrimp and garlic in hot oil until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add prepared sauce and chopped green onions to the shrimp mixture; cook until the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss cooked spaghetti with the mixture to coat the noodles in sauce. Serve immediately.