Skip to content
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. cayenne
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lb. small pasta, such as macaroni or fusilli
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Scallions, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until softened. Add chili, cumin, and cayenne until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Transfer beef mixture to slow cooker along with tomatoes and kidney beans and season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low, 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add pasta and cheese to slow cooker and stir until melted. Serve with scallions, jalapeños, avocado, cilantro, sour cream and cheese.