..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Cooking time : 6-8 hours
Yield: 6-8 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wild and brown rice blend
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, diced (a heaping cup)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups no salt added chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- milk or water as necessary to thin soup
Combine all ingredients except cream in a large slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove bay leaves and discard. Remove chicken thighs, shred and return to slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, place 1/2 cup heavy cream. Slowly whisk 1-2 cups of hot soup into cream. Then, slowly pour that mixture back into the slow cooker while whisking.
Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed before serving.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW