Yields Serves: 6
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time:4 hr
- 2 large leeks, washed, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, washed and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 cups vegetable broth, or enough to cover the vegetables
- croutons and fresh parsley for garnish
- heavy cream (optional)
Place the leeks, potatoes, carrots, celery, and garlic in the slow cooker pot.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the vegetable broth, just to cover the vegetables.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6 hours.
Puree the soup with either an immersion blender, or a food processor. If using the food processor,puree the soup in batches; DO NOT pour the whole soup into the food processor all at once.
Taste for salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into bowls.
Add croutons and parsley.
Drizzle some heavy cream on top right before serving. (optional)