These pretzel bites are so soft, chewy and delicious. You can’t eat just one.
If you have never tried making pretzels in any shape before, please give this a try. Cross my heart you can make these delicious Soft Pretzel Bites.
Soft Pretzel Bites
- 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast one package
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups flour
- Vegetable oil
- 3 Quarts boiling water
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 1 egg beaten
- Sea Salt
- Combine, warm water, sugar, yeast and butter in bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add salt, flour and mix well. If your dough is to wet add more flour one tablespoon at a time. Knead dough. Oil your bowl, add dough, turn to coat and let rise for one hour.
- Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil.
- While your waiting for water to boil. Divide dough into 8 balls. Roll each ball into a long rope. Approximately 22 inches lone.
- Cut rope into one inch pieces.
- When water starts to boil add your 1/2 cup baking soda. It will foam up and fizz. Don’t worry everything is fine.
- Place one inch pieces into boiling water and boil for 30 seconds. Remove bites from water and place on a greased cookie sheet. The dough will have puffed up. Continue cooking rest of one inch pieces.
- Brush tops of dough with egg wash and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
1/2 Tablespoon butter, 1/2 Tablespoon flour, 1/2 cup milk and 8 ounces granted cheddar cheese.
Melt butter. Add flour and stir cooking for 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until thick. Remove from heat and add grated cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth.
Cinnamon and Sugar: Mix your cinnamon and sugar mixture. Brush pretzel bites with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Please, please let me know how you like these Soft Pretzel Bites. It has become one of our favorites.