Sour Cream and Onion Buttermilk Ranch Dip takes the title for Favorite Dip at my house. And that’s saying a lot, considering I might be the world’s biggest fan of dips and dressings. What can I say? I’m a dipper. And naturally, so are my kids! I have to admit, I’m that annoying person that has to have ranch with my pizza and fries. Alright fine, I admit it, I’ll put ranch on just about anything. Anything that is…except salad.
What can I say, I’m weird!
There are a few brands I’ll settle for at the store in a pinch, but most of the time, I make my own ranch dip because it just tastes so much better. My family loves the flavors of sour cream and onion, so for this dip, I mix in sour cream, and go heavy on the chopped green onions (chives are delicious in here, too!).
Mmm, just look at all that garlicky, creamy, onion-y goodness! You just might even convince me to put this ranch on my salad.
However you plan on using your ranch dip…Enjoy!
Sour Cream & Onion Buttermilk Ranch Dip
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 3 green onions finely minced
- 1 Tbsp yellow onion finely minced
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Combine the buttermilk, lime juice, green onions, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, in a medium size bowl. Whisk until combined. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream, and whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to develop flavors. Serve as a salad dressing, or dipping sauce for chips, vegetables, or hot wings.