Big beautiful chunks of juicy strawberries baked into a rich pound cake topped with a sweet glaze.
Try it for breakfast, it’s fresh fruit after all!
Disclaimer: I’m allergic to strawberries so this pound cake has been vigorously taste tested by a team of experts…my family!
Even though I can’t eat them (it’s ok, I don’t really like them anyway) I still like to whip up a little something for the fam once in a while.
It’s not always about me!
This pound cake is a slight variation on my Peaches and Cream Cake.
I just swapped out the peaches for strawberries, changed the topping, and baked it in a bundt pan instead of two loaf pans.
Be sure to check it out, the two recipes are basically interchangeable.
Hey when I find a recipe that works well and tastes great I stick with it!
Start by mixing up the dry ingredients. It’s just flour, baking powder, and a little salt.
Set that aside and move on to the wet ingredients.
Beat the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. I’m using my trusty KitchenAid , but a hand mixer works just fine.
After a few minutes start adding the eggs one at a time. I use a measuring cup and “pour” them in. They go in one at a time all by themselves. Let each egg get incorporated before you add the next one.
When all of the eggs are in, add the sour cream and vanilla. Do I really need to mention how important it is to use real vanilla and not that gross artificial stuff? I didn’t think so.
Then start mixing in the flour mixture a little at a time so it doesn’t fly all over the place.
Finally, stir in the strawberries…
…and spoon the batter into a bundt pan that’s been sprayed with baking spray such as Bakers Joy or PAM Spray For Baking . Baking spray contains flour and works better than regular cooking spray.
Bake your pound cake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
Let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan then turn it out on to your serving platter to cool completely.
When your pound cake is completely cooled, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk and drizzle it over the cake.
Strawberries and Cream Pound Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and creamy; about 3 minutes. With mixer running, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream and vanilla.
- With mixer running, add flour mixture a little at a time until incorporated. Gently stir strawberries into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled cake.