- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese, preferably smoked
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimientos, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4-1 1/2
- pounds total), trimmed and tenders removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine Gouda, scallion, pimientos and 1/2 teaspoon paprika in a small bowl.
3. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the
opposite side, and open like a book. Sprinkle the breasts with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and
pepper. Divide the cheese filling among the breasts, placing it in the center of each. Close the
breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Sprinkle the breasts with the
remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until
browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken over and transfer the skillet to the
oven. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer
inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 200 calories; 10 g fat; 76 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbs;
26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 445 mg sodium