Who doesn’t love a super crunchy, veggie-loaded salad with sharp, tangy cheese and creamy dressing? This boasts all of these qualities and is, hands down, one of my absolute favorite salads. What’s more, this salad was created by me. It’s unique. So when you make it, chances are, there won’t be ten more at the picnic or potluck your attending. Warning: Everyone will mob you, so be prepared to share the recipe.
For the salad:
- 1 head cauliflower, stem and leaves removed, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely chopped red/purple onion
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Place all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Gently toss to evenly combine.
For the dressing:
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup powdered (not grated) Parmesan cheese (such as Kraft)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons spicy pickle relish (I used the Pain Is Good brand)
- 2 Tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
Mix all dressing ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, using a wire whisk, until smooth. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine. Cover salad and refrigerate until ready to serve. Once ready to serve, wash and chop up one Romaine lettuce heart into bite sized pieces. Toss lettuce with rest of salad. Garnish with snipped, fresh chives, if you wish.