White cheddar and queso blanco melted into gooey goodness with pasta shells to catch all of the cheesy, delicious sauce. And only one pot clean up!
An easy weeknight side dish or meal in itself.
My daughter loves mac & cheese. Boxed or homemade, doesn’t matter. It is the yardstick by which she judges all restaurants.
And since she is what I call a “selective eater”, it’s one of the first things she learned to cook when I refused to make a separate dinner just for her.
So when I created this mac & cheese recipe, I knew I wanted her to love it.
And she did.
This is such a quick and easy dish…my favorite kind!
These ingredients and a box of shells are all you need to cook up a big pot of cheesy wonderfulness.
Start by cooking the shells according to the instructions on the box. Drain them and set them aside while you make the cheese sauce.
Now follow closely. Throw the rest of the ingredients in the same pot…
…and stir until everything is melted and gooey. See? Easy!
Then just stir the cooked shells in and serve.
It’s so cheesy!!!
This Cheesy White Cheddar Queso Mac & Cheese tends to thicken as it sits. If this happens, just add some extra milk and stir.
If you like this White Cheddar Queso Mac & Cheese you’ll love my Easy One Pot Bacon Mac and Cheese!
White Cheddar Queso Mac & Cheese
- 1 16 ounce box medium pasta shells
- 4 ounces extra sharp white cheddar grated
- 1 pound 16 ounces queso blanco Veleeta, cubed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- dash nutmeg
- Cook pasta according to instructions on box; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot add remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cheeses are melted and smooth. Gently stir in cooked pasta shells. Serve immediately.