- ¾ lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (23.5) oz jar of Francesco Rinaldi Traditional No Salt Added pasta sauce
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- ½ cup of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups elbow macaroni or short-tubed pasta
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil, divided
In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until the onion softens.
Add the ground beef to the onions, breaking up with a spoon and cook until no longer pink.
Next add the salt, pepper and oregano to the beef and stir to combine.
Now you can pour in the chicken stock and the pasta sauce, scraping the bottom of the pot as you stir.
Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Whisk in the cream cheese until it’s all mixed in and then add ½ of the fresh basil.
Pour in the pasta, stir and let cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
Spoon into bowls and garnish with the leftover basil.