- 1 lb hot Italian poultry sausage, casings removed (can be turkey or chicken)
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 oz turkey pepperoni slices, cut into quarters (four triangles)
- 1.5 oz sliced black olives
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits cut into quarters (I used Wegmans brand, but Pillsbury also makes them – if you can only find Grands, weigh out 7.5 ounces and cut them into small bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup shredded 2% Mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Bring a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat and add the sausage. Cook sausage, breaking up with a spoon or spatula for a couple minutes and then add the mushrooms. Cook both for an additional 6-8 minutes until the sausage is cooked through in pieces and the mushrooms are softened.
Stir in the tomato sauce, pizza sauce, pepperoni, olives, seasoning, pepper flakes and biscuit dough pieces until well combined.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the Mozzarella over the top. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes until hot and bubbly.